In 2015, PTNY will work to promote policies and programs that protect, promote and enhance New York’s parks, trails and greenways, and to ensure that these natural, recreational and cultural treasures are an integral part of the state’s economic, transportation, health, and environmental strategies.
The policies and programs supported by PTNY reflect the essential role of parks, trails and greenways in New York’s economic growth, the health of its residents, and the long-term resiliency and sustainability of its communities.
- We will work to keep the momentum for state parks going with continued funding for infrastructure improvements.
- We will advocate for enhanced funding for the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) and sustainable funding for environmental agencies.
- We will work to pass legislation to protect local parks from alienation.
- We will continue to push for completion of the Erie Canalway Trail.
- We will advocate for policies and programs and funding that support trails and active transportation, including improving the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians.
- We will advocate for federal programs and policies that support our parks and trails, including full funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) and a new transportation bill that provides funding for bicycle and pedestrian programs.